* Perform advanced troubleshooting and maintenance on all mechanical, electrical, and control components of commercial/industrial HVAC systems, such as boilers, chillers, cooling towers, chill/hot water pumps & pipe loops, air handling units, roof top units, split DX systems, energy recovery units, and heat pumps up to 500 tons for all campuses as assigned.
*Rebuild/repair boilers, chillers, cooling towers, chill/hot water pumps & pipe loops, air handling units, roof top units, split DX systems, energy recovery units, heat pumps , ductwork, baseboard heaters, hot water heaters, and other HVAC equipment including associated electrical, piping, and controls.
* Perform annual start up / shut down and major preventive maintenance procedures for medium/large HVAC equipment.
* Monitor and coordinate service on Water Treatment systems by contractors.
* Coordinate work with in-house personnel and outside contractors on assigned HVAC related repair or upgrade projects.
* Understand, monitor and adjust Building Automation Systems functions, settings and logic to ensure proper HVAC equipment operation, environmental control within code requirements and standards set by management, and efficient performance.
* Ensure all required HVAC maintenance documentation is accurate, complete, and submitted in timely manner.
* Adhere to established work schedules.
* Complete assignments in a professional, safe, quality and timely manner.
* Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
* Work at times other than scheduled hours.
* Work at times in inclement weather (snow removal, etc.).
* Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Finding manpower and time to perform the work well
* Rescheduling around occupied classrooms
* Balancing control work versus equipment PM/repair work
* Daily: Campus deans, Division/Department Chairs, and their Administrative Assistants re work orders or concerns
* Daily: Electricians re coordinating service work
* Daily: supervisor re updates
* Daily: CMMS Technician to receive/complete/close work orders
* Biweekly: construction contractors to review blueprints, discuss sequence of operations, and commission buildings per HVAC/lighting controls
* Biweekly: ITS managers re servicing data closets
* Monthly: faculty re classroom servicing