* Perform basic and semi-skilled maintenance and repair of facility electrical distribution system components including panels, disconnects, circuit breakers, conduit, wiring, receptacles, etc. Includes wiring and drives for HVAC equipment.
* Perform basic and semi-skilled maintenance and repair of lighting system components including fixtures, lamps, ballasts, occupancy sensors, time clocks, photocells, pole lights, etc.
* Perform minor troubleshooting to elevator lighting and electrical systems.
* Work with MIS technicians installing network cables/devices and A/V equipment.
* Works independently performing basic maintenance and repairs. Works under the guidance of Electrician II on complex maintenance or installation work.
* Adhere to assigned work schedule.
* Complete assignments in a professional, safe, quality, and timely manner.
* Demonstrate and model the college’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
* May be required to work at times other than scheduled hours.
* May be required to work in inclement weather i.e., snow removal, etc.
* Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor. Difficult Challenges
* Scheduling work around classroom use
* Difficult accesses (for example, above stairwells, warehouse/hanger high bays, outdoor pole lights, etc.)
* Daily: CMMS Technician to receive/complete/close work orders
* Weekly: Electrician II to receive guidance/training on complex equipment/work
* Weekly: supervisor re special projects