||2015 - 1111|
Contracts for regular positions are renewable each June 30th after successful completion of probationary period.(Unless otherwise specified)
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will prepare and teach chemistry courses designed for transfer and support of career technical programs.
Prepare & teach departmental courses to include:
* developing learner centered lesson plans
* employing teaching strategies & instructional materials for different learning styles
* incorporating, as pedagogically appropriate, current technology in classroom, distance learning and laboratory environments
* creating and modeling a quality learning environment that supports a diverse student population
* preparing, distributing and utilizing instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials, instructional media and other devices as appropriate
* conducting appropriate assessment of student learning outcomes in courses and programs/general education as appropriate
Maintain a professional status that supports the instructional mission by:
* participating in professional development activities to maintain currency in field; maintaining current credentials or licensures as required by program or accreditation
* participating in professional development opportunities to advance teaching skills and strategies
Provide daily & ongoing oversight of facilities, equipment and student records to include:
* maintaining classroom and laboratory spaces including upkeep of assigned equipment
* providing for the security of facilities, equipment and instructional materials and maintaining safe working conditions
* maintaining student records (e.g., grades and attendance) in accordance with established deadlines using a variety of technology-based programs (e.g., Colleague, WebAdvisor, Moodle)
* complying with all applicable college, state and federal rules and regulations
Provide an environment conducive to student success to include:
* conducting recruiting activities
* promoting retention/persistence by assisting students to develop strategies for success
* referring students to campus and community resources when appropriate
Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
-Master's degree in Chemistry or a related field from a regionally accredited university with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hour credits in Chemistry
-Doctoral degree in Chemistry from a regionally accredited university
Professional Experience Requirements:
-Post-secondary teaching experience in Chemistry courses
-Community college teaching experience
-Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
-Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
The Instructor shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its “open door” policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Instructor must be able to:
2. Respect Diversity
3. Adapt to changing procedures, protocols or assignments.
4. Create and maintain a learner centered environment
5. Communicate effectively
6. Ability to effectively implement and apply technology solutions.
Departmental/Job Specific Requirements:
Mandatory GTCC Trainings (upon initial hire) and annual updates as required; other required trainings may be added as needed):
1. Reporting Requirements
2. Discrimination & Anti-Harassment (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
3. Shooter on Campus (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
4. Personal Information Protection (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
5. Ethics and Social Responsibility (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
6. eLearning Level One (before the first day of the first semester teaching)
7. eLearning Levels Two and Three for instructors who teach online or hybrid delivery methods (before the first day of the first semester teaching)
May include teaching day and evening and on multiple campuses
Criminal history checks, with acceptable results, are required.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintain student records.
* Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
**All GTCC job descriptions reflect duties and responsibilities of the particular job and are subject to change with limited notice.
Open until an adequate pool of applicants is received
How to Apply:
A GTCC application must be submitted in order to be considered.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application form.
When applying for a position that requires a degree, copies of unofficial transcripts must be attached to a completed application.
*If your education credentials are from a country outside of the United States & if you are extended an offer of employment you
will be required to submit a translation/evaluation of your transcript.
Application for Evaluation is available:
1. By clicking the Login link at the bottom of the screen.
Or, if you are logged in
2. By clicking the Review & Submit Application button at the bottom of the screen.
ALL EMPLOYEES PAID BY DIRECT DEPOSIT ONLY!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTCC is strongly committed to diversity & welcomes
applications from all qualified candidates, particularly minorities and faculty under-represented
in higher education. EOE
Applicants must be immediately eligible to work legally in the United Sates at the time of application. Guilford Technical Community College does not sponsor any VISAs.