* Assist students in improving reading skills through phoneme segmentation, vocabulary and fluency and comprehension strategies.
* Conduct pre-post test when applicable.
* Utilize a variety of teaching styles and methods to accommodate diverse learning styles of students.
* Maintain a knowledge base in adult learning content areas, and college and community resources.
* Meet with students according to the published schedule of classes.
* Provide timely feedback to student on a daily basis (Monday – Friday).
* Advise students regarding goals, progress and attendance.
* Implement student retention strategies.
* Demonstrate proficiency in teaching, classroom management, advising students and responding to their needs.
* Maintain course management system to track student progress and quality hours of instruction.
* Attend appropriate staff and faculty meetings.
* Assist with student admissions and registration at start of each semester.
* Attend and participate in appropriate local, regional and state training to enhance job performance.
* Perform other duties as assigned to promote the mission and goals of the Adult Education program and Guilford Technical Community College.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to fulfill work functions.
* Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.