||2013 - 0888|
Contracts for regular positions are renewable each June 30th after successful completion of probationary period.(Unless otherwise specified)
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation, and interest in the total affairs of the college.
This position works within the EMS curriculum department and/or EMS continuing education programs as well. It will also work to maintain program compliance with accreditation standards, which includes maintaining records and documentation.
Prepare & teach departmental courses to include:
. developing learner centered lesson plans
. employing teaching strategies & instructional materials for different learning styles
· developing appropriate assessment methods
· staying current in teaching discipline
Provide an environment conducive to student success to include:
· address student concerns
· assisting students to develop strategies for success
· referral of students to campus and community resources
Support college-wide endeavors to include:
· comply with college, state, and federal rules and regulations
· Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
The adjunct faculty member will have the educational background needed to meet accreditation/approval, certification, and departmental requirements, as follows:
1. Educational level: Associates degree in Emergency Medical Science preferred, but not required for all courses.
2. Certifications: Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic from the North Carolina Office of EMS or the National Registry of EMT’s. Specialty certifications commensurate with teaching responsibilities.
3. Other: Valid North Carolina Class C Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
The Instructor shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its “open door” policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Instructor must be able to:
1. Perform laboratory and practical skills per national standards. (Required)
3. Demonstrate PC (personal computer) literacy
4. Respect Diversity
5. Adapt to changing procedures, protocols or assignments
6. Create and maintain a learner centered environment
7. Communicate effectively
Departmental/Job Specific Requirements:
Satisfactory completion of any/all mandatory GTCC Trainings (upon initial hire and annual updates as required; other required trainings may be added as needed) within prescribed timeline is a must:
1. Reporting Requirements
2. Anti-Harassment (everyone must complete within 30 days of hire)
3. Shooter on Campus (everyone must complete within 30 days of hire)
4. Ethics and Social Responsibility (everyone must complete within 30 days of hire)
5. Personal Information Protection (PIP) (everyone must complete within 30 days of hire)
6. eLearning Level One
(before the first day of the first semester teaching)
7. eLearning Levels Two and Three for instructors who teach
online or hybrid delivery methods (before the first day of the first
8. Other Departmental specified trainings as required.
Upon employment and within first 30 days of hire, must complete the following college training matrix but not limited t Discrimination & Anti-Harassment; Personal Information Protection (PIP); Ethics, and “Shooter on Campus.” Annual refreshers are required thereafter.
Typical settings specific to discipline classroom, lab, or clinical instruction.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintain student records.
* Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
**All GTCC job descriptions reflect duties and responsibilities of the particular job and are subject to change with limited notice.
Open until an adequate pool of applicants are received.
How to Apply:
A GTCC application must be submitted in order to be considered.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application form.
When applying for a position that requires a degree, copies of unofficial transcripts must be attached to a completed application.
*If your education credentials are from a country outside of the United States & if you are extended an offer of employment you
will be required to submit a translation/evaluation of your transcript.
Application for Evaluation is available:
1. By clicking the Login link at the bottom of the screen.
Or, if you are logged in
2. By clicking the Review & Submit Application button at the bottom of the screen.
ALL EMPLOYEES PAID BY DIRECT DEPOSIT ONLY!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTCC is strongly committed to diversity & welcomes
applications from all qualified candidates, particularly minorities and faculty under-represented
in higher education. EOE
Applicants must be immediately eligible to work legally in the United Sates at the time of application. Guilford Technical Community College does not sponsor any VISAs.