||2013 - 0702|
Contracts for regular positions are renewable each June 30th after successful completion of probationary period.(Unless otherwise specified)
|Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. S/he will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Prepare & teach departmental courses to include:
. updating course syllabi
· developing learner centered lesson plans
· employing teaching strategies & instructional materials for different learning styles
. developing appropriate assessment methods
· developing new courses as needed
· staying current in teaching discipline
· seeking professional development opportunities
Provide daily & ongoing oversight of facilities and equipment to include:
· maintaining classroom and lab spaces
· upkeep and care of equipment as assigned
Provide an environment conducive to student success to include:
· recruiting, advising, and registration
· address student concerns
· assisting students to develop strategies for success
· referral of students to campus and community resources.
Support college-wide endeavors to include:
· participating in committees & institutional initiatives
· comply with college, state, and federal rules and regulations
· developing community and industry contacts
· networking with area high schools and colleges
· recruiting students
Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
A. Education – The faculty member will have the educational background needed to meet accreditation/approval, certification, and departmental requirements.
1. Educational level: AAS or higher in HVAC or related field
2. Certifications: CFC certification or ability to obtain in 6 months required
3. Other: NC Mechanical Contractor’s license preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
1. Minimum of 5 years in discipline required.
2. Satisfactory completion of teaching credentials for courses assigned.
3. Community College teaching or training experience preferred.
The Instructor shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its “open door” policy. S/he shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Instructor must be able to:
2. Respect Diversity
3. Adapt to changing procedures, protocols or assignments.
4. Create and maintain a learner centered environment
5. Communicate effectively
Departmental/Job Specific Requirements:
1. 18-21 teaching contact hours per week.
2. Minimum of 5 office hours per week.
3. On campus for a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Mandatory GTCC Trainings (upon initial hire and annual updates as required; other required trainings may be added as needed):
1. Reporting Requirements
3. Shooter on Campus
4. Ethics and Social Responsibility
5. eLearning Level One (before the first day of the first semester teaching)
6. eLearning Levels Two and Three for instructors who teach online or hybrid delivery methods (before the first day of the first semester teaching)
1. Stand extended periods of time (up to 4 hours). Ability to lift loads of 60 pounds. Ability to work in outdoor temperatures.
2. The work environment requires prolonged sitting and working with a computer and repetitive motion using a computer mouse.
3. Instructor must manage on-site projects with inexperienced student help.
4. Equipment used in demonstrations and learning exercises can be hazardous
5. Outdoor work in cold weather is likely.
6. Lift 60 pounds.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain student records.
- Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Accompany students on field trips to observe industry standards.
Upon employment and within first 30 days of hire, must complete the following college training matrix but not limited t Discrimination & Anti-Harassment; Personal Information Protection (PIP); Ethics, and “Shooter on Campus.” Annual refreshers are required thereafter.
**All GTCC job descriptions reflect duties and responsibilities of the particular job and are subject to change with limited notice.
Open until an adequate pool of applicants are received.
How to Apply:
A GTCC application must be submitted in order to be considered.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application form.
When applying for a position that requires a degree, copies of unofficial transcripts must be attached to a completed application.
*If your education credentials are from a country outside of the United States & if you are extended an offer of employment you
will be required to submit a translation/evaluation of your transcript.
Application for Evaluation is available:
1. By clicking the Login link at the bottom of the screen.
Or, if you are logged in
2. By clicking the Review & Submit Application button at the bottom of the screen.
ALL EMPLOYEES PAID BY DIRECT DEPOSIT ONLY!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTCC is strongly committed to diversity & welcomes
applications from all qualified candidates, particularly minorities and faculty under-represented
in higher education. EOE
Applicants must be immediately eligible to work legally in the United Sates at the time of application. Guilford Technical Community College does not sponsor any VISAs.