|· Meet with students according to the published schedule of classes.
· Develop and implement lesson plans with respect to Reading, Writing, Listening comprehension and Speaking where appropriate.
. Provide timely feedback to student on a daily basis (Monday – Friday).
· Advise students regarding goals, progress and attendance.
· Implement student retention strategies.
· Demonstrate proficiency in teaching, classroom management, advising students and responding to their needs.
· Maintain course management system to track student progress and quality hours of instruction.
· Attend appropriate staff and faculty meetings.
· Attend and participate in appropriate local, regional and state training to enhance job performance.
· Perform other duties as assigned to promote the mission and goals of the Basic Skills program and Guilford Technical Community College.
. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to fulfill work functions.
. Demonstrate and model the College's employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.