· Administers the ITS security infrastructure and PCI for audit and federal/state compliance.
· Assist in the development of departmental documents; architectural solutions, standard configuration documents, procedures, work processes, guidelines and reference material kept in the document library.
· Monitor security solutions, regularly verify systems performance, and direct staff on resolving security issues.
· Serve as the internal information security consultant to the college.
· Recommend and promote activities fostering information security awareness across the college.
· Perform information security risk assessments and serve as an internal auditor and investigator for security issues.
· Implement and enforce information security policies and procedures for the college.
· Advise the Operations Security Manager on current information, technologies and related regulatory issues affecting the college.
· Monitor the internal control systems to ensure appropriate access levels are maintained and appropriate maintenance of access lists is accomplished. This includes VPN access for outsourced and contracted solutions/services.
· Determine and report the performance of deployed security solutions.
· Assist in Project Management working to standardize technical solutions and their implementation.
· Demonstrate and model the College employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
· Perform all other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
· Evaluating evolving security threats and developing security responses to mitigate.
· Evaluating new technology and developing security practices to ensure continued data integrity.
· Providing oversight of account management for employees and students.
· Daily: PCI team members at other schools re payment card industry data security standards
· Daily: Information Security Manager re updates, assignments
· Monthly: vendors of security products re information, quotes, operations and troubleshooting
· Monthly: faculty and staff re security awareness
· Annually: state peers re annual security audits