This position provides support to the OE EMS Program in the following areas:
· Assist the Program Director of EMS Curriculum and the Administrative Assistant with all course paperwork
· Assist the Program Director of EMS Curriculum and the Administrative Assistant with data collection/ entry, copying, faxing, emailing and postage of various program content.
· Assist in the preparation of reports, contracts and any other documents that the Program Director of EMS Curriculum and/ or the Administrative Assistant may request.
· Assist Program Director of EMS Curriculum with lab and/ or class services to include gathering needed equipment, room set-up, take-down and exam proctoring.
· Cleaning specialty rooms/ labs to include vacuuming, dusting, etc.
· Transporting of supplies and/ or equipment to the various GTCC campuses.
· Assist the Program Director of EMS Curriculum with Scenario/ Role-Playing Exercises
· Assist the Program Director of EMS Curriculum with evaluation of classroom or lab activities
Maintain a professional status that supports the instructional mission by:
· participating in professional development activities to maintain currency in field; maintaining current credentials or licensures as required by program or accreditation
· participating in professional development opportunities to advance teaching skills and strategies
Provide daily & ongoing oversight of facilities, equipment, and student records to include:
· maintaining classroom and laboratory spaces including upkeep of assigned equipment
· providing for the security of facilities, equipment and instructional materials, and maintaining safe working conditions
· complying with all applicable college, state, and federal rules and regulations
Provide an environment conducive to student success to include:
· conducting recruiting activities
· promoting retention/persistence by assisting students to develop strategies for success
· assisting students with the registration and graduation process
· referring students to campus and community resources when appropriate
Support college-wide endeavors to include:
· collaboration with faculty and staff from other divisions/departments to promote communication, coordinate schedules, and support student success
· participating in GTCC institutional initiatives
· collaborating with educational partners, business/industry, and/or external agencies as appropriate to promote the instructional mission of GTCC
· Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility, and teamwork