||2017 - 1557|
Contracts for regular positions are renewable each June 30th after successful completion of probationary period.(Unless otherwise specified)
|This is a 10 month position. |
The Adult Education Instructor’s responsibilities include providing instruction to Adult Education learners, teaching New Student Orientation classes to incoming students, mentoring new teachers, developing curriculum, and acting as one of the instructional leaders of the Adult Education programs. Incumbent will assist the Coordinator/Director with administrative duties to include coordinating paper flow and documentation for the programs including registration and LEIS forms and attendance reports, etc. This person will report directly to the Adult Education Coordinator/Director. This person will also assist with CASAS and TABE testing, student registration, student follow-up and other duties as needed for the Adult Education programs.
|· Provide classroom and online instruction to students including maintaining student attendance records, and monitoring progress and retention. Determine needs of individual students in the programs. Serve as a substitute instructor as needed to provide instructional coverage in the absence of regular instructor. Facilitate New Student Orientation (PFS) sessions.
· Supervise and advise students regarding attendance, educational and occupational goals and individual plans for progress.
· Recruit students for program expansion. Work with community partners to ensure adequate enrollment.
· Mentor part-time instructors and teaching methods. Assist in facilitating in-service training opportunities for instructors.
· Assist in the development and execution of systems to ensure accurate reporting and documentation to track and measure student progress from entry/exit of Adult Education programs to matriculation into higher education programs. Assist in the review and evaluation of the accuracy and appropriateness of student data, outcomes, goals, etc., and report discrepancies or concerns to the program coordinator and/or director. Assist in the review of class attendance rosters and other supporting documents to ensure that class records are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
· Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork. Participate in national, regional and state professional development initiatives to improve knowledge and skill base.
· Dealing with frequent interruptions
· Dealing with limited resources (fiscal, human, supplies, etc.)
· Managing student issues (behavior, health, emergencies)
· Managing community relationships and partnerships
· Managing multiple priorities
· Meeting sudden, unexpected deadlines
· Campus Police - weekly
· Continuing Education Registrar- monthly
· Continuing Education Internal Audit and Compliance Coordinator - monthly
· Information Technology Services – weekly
· Community Partners - weekly
Educational & Certification Requirements:
-Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
-Master’s degree in Adult Education or Education from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
-3 years teaching experience in Adult Education and/or industry training.
-Experience with curriculum design.
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
-Greater than 3 years of teaching experience in Adult Education and/or industry training.
-Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
-Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The Instructor shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its “open door” policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Instructor must be able to:
2. Respect Diversity
3. Adapt to changing procedures, protocols or assignments.
4. Create and maintain a learner centered environment
5. Communicate effectively
6. Ability to effectively implement and apply technology solutions.
Departmental/Job Specific Requirements:
· Experience in completing and reviewing course documentation, ie rosters, contracts, etc.
· Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities.
The following (compliance) training is required and must be completed within the first 30 days of hire with annual refresher training thereafter:
· Safety/Shooter on Campus
· Personal Information Protection Training (PIP)
· Anti-Discrimination/Harassment& Title IX
· Other training may be required as determined applicable.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule which will include some evenings and occasional weekends in order to accommodate public/student needs.
· Work requires mostly sitting with some walking or standing.
· Work requires carrying objects or loads of 20 pounds or less.
· Some (15% - 30%) exposure to hazardous chemicals, filth, fumes, adverse weather, or personal health and safety risks.
**All GTCC job descriptions reflect duties and responsibilities of the particular job and are subject to change with limited notice.
Open until an adequate pool of applicants is received
How to Apply:
A GTCC application must be submitted in order to be considered.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application form.
When applying for a position that requires a degree, copies of unofficial transcripts must be attached to a completed application.
*If your education credentials are from a country outside of the United States & if you are extended an offer of employment you
will be required to submit a translation/evaluation of your transcript.
Application for Evaluation is available:
1. By clicking the Login link at the bottom of the screen.
Or, if you are logged in
2. By clicking the Review & Submit Application button at the bottom of the screen.
ALL EMPLOYEES PAID BY DIRECT DEPOSIT ONLY!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTCC is strongly committed to diversity & welcomes
applications from all qualified candidates, particularly minorities and faculty under-represented
in higher education. EOE
Applicants must be immediately eligible to work legally in the United Sates at the time of application. Guilford Technical Community College does not sponsor any VISAs.