· Develops, presents and works with business units to design effective internal controls and implement recommendations to strengthen controls, prevent fraud and improve operations.
· Conducts control reviews on new processes and procedures.
· Coordinate the annual internal control assessments of all areas of the college and its related entities.
· Prepare annual risk assessment and materiality processes as well as deficiency evaluations.
· Coordinate review and update of narratives and walk-throughs.
· Prepare test plans, sample selections, and perform testing to determine adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
· Prepare year-end documentation of observations and conclusions for senior administration.
· Conduct various internal audits to ensure compliance with established procedures.
· Assist in coordinating financial audits.
· Research and coordinate implementation of all changes in financial reporting requirements and prepare executive summaries to management.
· Prepare various account analyses and summaries as assigned.
· Research NC General Statutes, NCCCS Accounting Procedures Manuals and Numbered Memos, State Board of Community College Code, IRS regulations, PCI compliance regulations, etc. as needed. Prepare complete concise reports on research topic.
· Research and prepare specific board, state and/or county reporting as requested.
· Serve as resource for all college faculty and staff.
· Serve as backup for Senior Accountant, Not for Profit utilizing Microsoft Great Plains.
· Responsible for compliance with the Standard Records Retention and Disposition Schedule.
· Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
· Complexity of and ever-changing operations of the College and its related non-profits.
· Keeping up with changing guidelines and best practices for controls in order to complete internal control documentation.
· Daily/Weekly – Manager regarding status of items within areas of responsibility.
· Various – Members of Business Office, Administrative Services, Financial Aid, Facilities staff, as well instructional programs with live client projects, to coordinate internal controls assessment and schedule testing of critical controls.