||2017 - 1580|
Contracts for regular positions are renewable each June 30th after successful completion of probationary period.(Unless otherwise specified)
The jobholder is responsible for assisting and supporting all of the activities of the Assessment Center. These activities include, but are not limited to: placement testing of incoming students, make-up testing for instructors, planning of testing needs for each type of test administered in the Assessment Center, coordinating with personnel in other departments for additional testing needs and proctoring of tests for students from other institutions.
|*Provide testing materials and proctor placement and faculty tests for prospective and enrolled students.
* Assist in the maintenance of testing records for students and faculty.
* Interact with faculty to coordinate faculty make-up testing services.
* Maintain test security at all times.
*Maintain an environment conducive to testing.
* Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork
* Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Assist the director with testing issues that arise with students, faculty, staff, computers, tests, and/or testing agencies.
* Data entry when needed.
· Superior customer service in a busy environment.
· Conflict resolution.
· Dealing with unforeseen situations.
· Adhering to stringent policy with good customer service skill.
· Problem solving.
· Daily: Students re test administration, answering testing questions.
· Daily: Student Support Services staff re: updates, answering questions.
· Daily: supervisor re updates, reports.
· Several times a week: faculty re: updates, information.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· An Associate’s degree preferred in a field related to customer service, communication, psychology, sociology, office administration or other similar fields.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· Experience working in a postsecondary testing environment beneficial.
· General knowledge of the community college system and the philosophy of comprehensive community
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Ability to work independently.
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems independently.
· Demonstrated customer service skills.
Departmental/Job Specific Requirements:
The following (compliance) training is required and must be completed within the first 30 days of hire with annual
refresher training thereafter:
· Safety/Shooter on Campus
· Personal Information Protection Training (PIP)
· Anti-Discrimination/Harassment & Title IX
· Other training may be required as determined applicable.
Physical Activity: Primarily sitting
Environmental Hazard(s): <15%
Departmental hours are 8 am -- 7 pm Monday through Thursday, and 8 am -- 5 pm on Friday. Saturday hours are 9 am --1 pm (as scheduled); additional evening and weekend work required during heavy registration peak times; summer schedules vary. A work schedule will be established by the Director based on the needs of the department. Evening and weekend work will be included in the work schedule for this position.
**All GTCC job descriptions reflect duties and responsibilities of the particular job and are subject to change with limited notice.
Open until an adequate pool of applicants is received
How to Apply:
A GTCC application must be submitted in order to be considered.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application form.
When applying for a position that requires a degree, copies of unofficial transcripts must be attached to a completed application.
*If your education credentials are from a country outside of the United States & if you are extended an offer of employment you
will be required to submit a translation/evaluation of your transcript.
Application for Evaluation is available:
1. By clicking the Login link at the bottom of the screen.
Or, if you are logged in
2. By clicking the Review & Submit Application button at the bottom of the screen.
ALL EMPLOYEES PAID BY DIRECT DEPOSIT ONLY!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, GTCC is strongly committed to diversity & welcomes
applications from all qualified candidates, particularly minorities and faculty under-represented
in higher education. EOE
Applicants must be immediately eligible to work legally in the United Sates at the time of application. Guilford Technical Community College does not sponsor any VISAs.