* Prioritizes calls according to policy and procedure based on the nature of the call and dispatches officers to calls for service or assistance.
* Provides appropriate and effective communication and administrative support for field officers.
* Prepares and disseminates weekend duty officers’ reminder sheet
* Operates the Division of Criminal Information (DCI) terminal, maintains working knowledge of the DCI terminal and its capabilities, and maintains appropriate logs for files.
* Utilizes the NCAWARE system for criminal investigations.
* Initiates responses to alarms upon notification by alarm company
* Maintains computerized student and faculty/staff vehicle parking registration.
* Maintains confidentiality concerning investigations being conducted by the Campus Police Department.
* Accesses, reviews, collates, copies, and archives video footage from exterior and interior campus security cameras as required in support of criminal investigations or other police operations.
*This position is responsible for data collection and input for various reports and logs, i.e.Clery and Crime statistics, as assigned.
* Maintains police records and files to include entry of information into college system and the Police Records Management System.
* Maintains case files and other administrative file storage.
* Provides direction and information to users of Campus Police Services
* Maintains daily unit activity and incident log.
* Demonstrates and models the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
* Serves on college committees as requested.
* Performs all duties as assigned by Chief of Campus Police.
* This position must be able to accurately understand requests for service in normal or emergency situations and communicate the needs to officers quickly and accurately.
* There are many regulatory standards for use of Criminal Information access and use that this position is held responsible for when using DCI access for Campus Police business.
* This position is the lead for the Police Records Management System and must assist officers and other users in the use of the system.
* This position monitors officers communications and must properly respond to officer requests for information and assistance. If an officer is in distress the telecommunicator should help to provide assistance through other officers and other law enforcement resources.
* Daily: Patrol Officers re requests for information, dispatch and updates, discussions.
* Daily: Corporals and Sergeants re requests for information, dispatch and updates.
* Daily: Chief of Campus Police re reports, updates, status of issues in progress.
* Daily: students, faculty and staff re assistance with permits, ID’s, key distribution, parking issues.
* Weekly: GTCC administrators re updates, status of ongoing issues.