· 1 year of previous clerical experience is required.
· 2 or more years of previous clerical experience preferred.
· An understanding and commitment to the community college mission and philosophy is required.
· Excellent customer services skills in sometimes challenging situations.
· Strong oral communication skills.
· Ability to effectively manage conflict.
· High levels of accuracy and timeliness.
· Ability to work well under pressure and in high volume situations.
· Experienced in the use of a personal computer.
· Ability to learn GTCC programs, facilities, campuses, offices, etc. and to retain this information for daily communication with students, faculty, staff and the general public.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to identify problems and potential causes while developing and implementing action plans for solutions.
· Ability to work independently, make analytical decisions and display problem solving skills.
· Fluency in English.
· Ability to communicate in Spanish desired.
· Knowledge of FERPA desired.
· Familiarity with computerized switchboard is preferred.