Plan, lead and conduct institutional research activities aimed at enhancing institutional effectiveness and planning, strategic enrollment management, and other college needs including grant support.
· Develop institutional research products and services to meet the needs of constituents, consistent with the College's Mission and strategic initiatives/goals.
· Develop and implement an annual research plan and related reporting.
· Determine, with executive management and the Institutional Effectiveness Committee, the primary benchmarks and performance indicators and develop, implement and evaluate an Institutional Effectiveness plan to support the College's management, planning and development.
· Assist with the accreditation process.
· Provide support for college-wide initiatives (e.g., PRESS and Completion by Design).
· Support and provide data for national and state initiatives, and communicate findings.
· Designs and implements survey research, including survey research instruments and questionnaires in cooperation and collaboration with other departments, committees, and individuals, and establish appropriate reporting protocols.
· Recommend and implement research tools, research design, statistical and analytical techniques, and best practices
· Evaluate, consult for and coordinate the fulfillment of diverse ad hoc research requests from the college community.
· Create customized data retrieval tools as needed.
· Provide routine information products for dissemination within and outside the college community.
· Provide and interpret data on enrollments, retention, transfers, market share, community and workforce educational needs and related issues.
· Provide leadership to the college by staying abreast of emerging research needs and techniques.
· Ensure compliance with federal and state reporting authorities.
Prepare reports and present results of research.
· Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and usefulness of reporting and communications.
· Oversees data integrity, quality assurance and common data definitions and ensures that institutional data collection and reporting processes are reliable, valid and ethical.
Train decision-makers to enhance the collection and appropriate use of data throughout the College.
· Serve as a content area expert on research methods, data analysis, and data-driven decision-making. Conduct related trainings and mentor faculty and staff.
· Provide guidance to members of the college community in utilizing existing research products and developing new ones.
Employee supervision and budget management.
· Direct and supervise the work of assigned staff.
· Support and contribute to the development of the professional success of IR employees.
· Provide guidance, direction, and training to ensure high quality products.
· Develop and manage department budget.
Participate and take leadership roles on College and/or System Officecommittees.
· Co-chair Institutional Effectiveness Committee.
· Act as Institutional Review Board officer for the College.
· Participate on the Learning Evidence Committee, Service Evidence Committee and other committees as needed.
· Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
· Providing high-level, college-wide data analysis
· Ensuring accuracy and integrity of foundational data
· Completing complex work under tight deadlines
· Designing and implementing complex processes and reports
· Possessing and maintaining strong technology skills using a variety of analytical software
· Works with the broadest range of internal college constituencies
· Works with many external agencies, e.g., accreditors, regulatory bodies, economic development, local business and industry, etc.