* Provide administrative and customer service support for the Quick Careers and Occupational Extension program to include queries, registration, schedules, class paperwork, payroll and interaction with instructors.
* Meet with potential students one-on-one to provide career counseling/coaching.
* Interview applicants (students and potential students) for Quick Careers Scholarships.
* Assist with program promotion through positive community relations, interaction with media and marketing, coordination of training, etc.
* Communicate information about classes to businesses and local community groups throughout Guilford County.
* Prepare and keep current marketing information regarding the program on the college web page and in print materials. This material may include strategies for recruiting students, including the use of flyers, email blasts, brochures, newspaper advertisements, public appearances, radio and television appearances, and public service announcements and social media outlets coordinated through the GTCC Marketing Department.
* Provide support to Instructors/Speakers in the development of class schedules, training/lectures, textbook adoption, equipment needs (arranging audio visual and other teaching aids), locating classroom/sites, and other class management issues related to student issues/grievances.
* Develop and maintain Instructor Resource Site (Moodle) for Quick Careers Instructors.
* Supervise the start and continuation of classes and events and determine their status as canceled, postponed, continued, or filled.
* Audit hybrid/online classes.
* Schedule HRD instructional days and Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) orientations for Quick Careers courses. This will be coordinated with the HRD Lead Instructor and CRC Lead Instructor/Program Assistant.
* Train Adjunct Instructors on administrative policies, procedures and paperwork.
* Interview potential Adjunct Instructors.
* Serve as liaison with the Guilford County NCWorks Career Centers to assist job seeking customers visiting their resource room, conduct Quick Careers presentations/training opportunities/workshops, participate in on-site partner staff meetings, and other committee work.
* Assist with the process of determining community/business needs and interests, for developing selected training classes. Respond to community needs for program information.
* Stay abreast of workforce development initiatives and activities through community programs serving laid-off, displaced and under-employed workers (NCWorks Career System, Division of Workforce Solutions - Employment Services, Chambers of Commerce, Triad Regional Partnership, etc.).
* Assist in collection of information to determine training topic and length of training, and to identify needed resources (facilities, supplies, faculty, etc.).
* Provide institutional support, and work cooperatively with CCE faculty and staff on department programs and goals.
* Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Maintain neat, complete, and accurate records of training; prepare reports as assigned.
* Serve actively on all assigned division and college committees, and respond professionally when given special assignments.
* Attend conferences, seminars, and staff development workshops that broaden understanding within the division and focus on the college's ongoing initiatives and goals that promote the success of all college activities.
* Analyzing and manipulating course schedules when classes need to be postponed due to low enrollment, weather, etc.
* Serving as point of contact for instructor and student concerns, grievances.
* Identifying and developing courses that will have the most impact to meet the needs of job/training seekers and employers.
* Several times a week: Coordinator re advising, scheduling, recruiting, research, marketing.
* Several times a week: Lead Instructor Quick Careers re planning.
* Several times a week: Administrative Assistant re contracts, class closures, class preparation, payroll.
* Monthly: Lead Instructor CRC re scheduling CRC classes for Quick Careers students.
* Monthly: Lead HRD Instructor re scheduling HRD classes for Quick Careers students.
* Quarterly: Assistant Manager Bookstore re textbook adoption.
* As needed: Continuing Education Registration Department re building and revising course schedules, and discussing usage of appropriate course codes for new course offerings.