1. Maintaining knowledge of/compliance with the North Carolina Community College System requirements and external programmatic accreditation standards for assigned academic program.
2. Providing leadership to program curriculum development/revision including ensuring establishment of effective student learning outcomes and related assessment methods.
3. Conducting and documenting bi-annual academic assessment process requirements in stated timelines.
4. Contributing to the development of a data based, student centered schedule in collaboration with the Division Chair.
5. Participating in the college’s hiring process for full and part time faculty; orienting new faculty to program policies.
6. In coordination with the Division Chair, providing evaluative feedback to program faculty/staff regarding job performance.
7. Developing and recommending teaching assignments for program faculty to the Division Chair.
8. Conducting and documenting regular faculty meetings to ensure good communication.
9. Supporting students through the academic program promoting retention and graduation.
10. Developing and participating in program recruitment activities that promote enrollment.
11. Participating in the resolution of student complaints in accordance with college policy.
12. Preparing and/or reviewing course substitutions for submission to the Division Chair.
13. Contributing to development, implementation and oversight of departmental budgets.
14. Participating in the management and support of instructional spaces (i.e., technology needs, inventory control, etc.).
15. Identifying/promoting professional development for faculty to ensure continued program relevancy and excellent teaching.
16. Participating in program review and unit planning processes.
17. Conducting and documenting program advisory committee meetings as required.
18. Participating in the establishment and coordination of clinical or work based learning sites (if applicable).
19. Coordinating outreach and developing/maintaining relationships with industry-related personnel and employers; participating in professional organizations promoting advancement of the profession.
20. Participating in professional development opportunities to advance teaching skills and strategies.
21. Participating in professional development opportunities to advance leadership skills.
22. Tracking and facilitating mandatory GTCC trainings.
Prepare and teach departmental courses to include:
* developing learner centered lesson plans
* employing teaching strategies and instructional materials for different learning styles
* incorporating, as pedagogically appropriate, current technology in classroom, distance learning and laboratory environments
* creating and modeling a quality learning environment that supports a diverse student population
* preparing, distributing, and utilizing instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials, instructional media, and other devices as appropriate
* updating and revising curriculum to maintain currency and compliance with accreditation standards
* developing new courses as needed to support the instructional mission
* participating in the development and review of course and program/general education outcomes as appropriate
* developing, conducting, and documenting appropriate assessment of student learning in outcomes courses and programs/general education as appropriate
Maintain a professional status that supports the instructional mission by:
* participating in professional development activities to maintain currency in field; maintaining current credentials or licensures as required by program or accreditation
Provide daily and ongoing oversight of facilities, equipment and student records to include:
* maintaining classroom and laboratory spaces including upkeep of assigned equipment
* providing for the security of facilities, equipment, and instructional materials and maintaining safe working conditions
* maintaining student records (e.g., grades and attendance) in accordance with established deadlines using a variety of technology-based programs (e.g., Colleague, WebAdvisor, Moodle)
* complying with all applicable college, state, and federal rules and regulations
Provide an environment conducive to student success to include:
* conducting recruiting activities
* providing academic advising
* promoting retention/persistence by assisting students to develop strategies for success
* assisting students with the registration and graduation process
* referring students to campus and community resources when appropriate
Support college-wide endeavors to include:
* collaboration with faculty and staff from other divisions/departments to promote communication, coordinate schedules, and support student success
* serving on department, division, and college committees
* participating in GTCC institutional initiatives
* collaborating with educational partners, business/industry and/or external agencies as appropriate to promote the instructional mission of GTCC
* supporting collegiality and teaching excellence by actively participating in the professional development of new and veteran faculty (e.g., mentoring and peer observation)
* participating in extracurricular student activities/clubs
* attending college professional development sessions, college/division/department meetings, graduation and convocation, as required
* Demonstrating and modeling the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility, and teamwork.