Position Specific Duties:
* Provides strategic, innovative leadership in the design, implementation and continuous improvement of the division and related programs and services.
* Responsible for division alignment with College strategic initiatives and facilitates the preparation of short- and long-term plans in support of College mission, vision and goals.
* Provides leadership in curriculum design, instructional delivery, accreditation and assessment activities.
* Assists in the development of marketing strategies leading to program recognition and growth.
* Develops processes and systems that enhance instruction. Serves as the liaison to other divisions and departments of the College relating to academic programs, physical assets, and facilities.
* Employs appropriate enrollment management and retention strategies.
* Ensures division compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, accrediting commissions, licensing requirements, and with administrative regulations and Board policies as appropriate.
* Responsible for employee supervision and accountability, both direct and indirect reports, including recruitment, selection, orientation, scheduling, evaluation, coaching, rewards/recognition, and discipline.
* Models and maintains high performance standards and performance expectations.
* Ensures division employees provide excellent customer service and a welcoming, supportive, and respectful work environment. Investigates and resolves requests and concerns.
* Ensures and promotes health and safety in the workplace.
* Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with internal employees. Actively participates on and/or leads various College committees, meetings, and workgroups.
* Responsible for division budget(s) development and management. Prepares, monitors, controls, and ensures spending within the budget allocation. Develops cost estimates for future division needs.
* Directs the preparation of capital equipment requests. Supervises expenditures of capital equipment funds within College practices, policies, and procedures.
* Directs the semester/annual class scheduling and faculty assignments in coordination with other areas of the College
* Oversees maintenance of accurate catalog information, degree worksheets, advising materials and division content on the GTCC website.
* Manages full-time and part-time faculty workloads for compliance with college policies.
* Maintains confidentiality of student records, personnel files, and other sensitive information.
* Promptly investigates and resolves problems and complaints from students and employees.
* Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with business and industry partners, agencies, community organizations and/or education institutions. Serves as College representative on various statewide, local and College committees and attends events as appropriate.
* Applies the College’s interpretation of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
* Attends training sessions and participates in professional training opportunities.
* Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
* Instructs students in a classroom, lab, learning center or other setting as appropriate (one class per term).
* Initiates and implements grant funded opportunities that support the mission of the college.
* Performs all other related duties as assigned.