* Advise students regarding eligibility for all federal, state and local financial aid programs within the requirements of federal and state regulations, by telephone, email, and in person, using the college’s computer software program (Datatel Colleague).
* Review loan acceptance forms; troubleshoot the reporting and transmittal of loan originations and disbursements to the Department of Education.
* Review and verify student files as selected by the Department of Education for the verification process
* Assist in the administration of procedures and practices to assure compliance with federal regulations and audit requirements as specified by the United States Department of Education, the North Carolina Educational Assistance Authority, and the North Carolina Community College System.
* Award federal and state financial aid to eligible students upon completion of ISIR download or individually once verification process or loan acceptance form review is complete.
* Train financial aid staff on the ImageNow imaging system and all of its processes
* Train and update financial aid staff on the Federal Stafford Loan program.
* Recommend policy and procedural improvements to the Director, as need arises.
* Maintain the Financial Aid Office website; assist with the maintenance of the social media sites for the office.
* Effectively work with other college constituents as necessary to coordinate outside resources and other financial aid-related activities.
* Actively serve on college committees.
* Demonstrate and model College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
* Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Special verification problems – for example, parents are separated but income reported together (must separate incomes)
* Troubleshooting issues with Department of Education rejections
* As students near aggregate loan limits, calculating how much money students are eligible for
* Daily: Assistant Director of Financial Aid – Operations re updates, discuss financial aid issues, recover crashed reports
* Daily: Financial Aid - Assistants re imaging, document linkage, verification/loan questions
* Several times a week Financial Aid – Student Relations Advisors re clarification, student financial aid status
* Weekly: Financial Aid –Technicians re transmittal of funds, reason for loan rejection, Common Origination and Disbursement – student loan issues, Default Resolution Group – Student title IV eligibility, NSLDS – student issues.