* Prepare and clean-up of weekly biology laboratory sessions.
* Order and maintain the inventory of laboratory and research supplies, equipment, and specimens.
* Maintain and clean instructional materials for laboratory use (e.g., microscope slides, models, disarticulated skeleton boxes, etc.).
* Organize and clean the biology prep and storage rooms.
* Maintain and coordinate repair of all laboratory equipment.
* Assist in laboratory practical examination set-up and disassembly.
* Maintain and provide animal care for the department’s salt water aquarium.
* Consult regularly with biology faculty to ensure quality of laboratory instructional activities.
* Handle and dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with federal and state laws.
* Orient part-time adjunct instructors in the use of the lab
* Recruit, train and supervise student part-time laboratory employees
* Maintain pure microbiological cultures and other live organisms to support laboratory exercises.
* Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
* Participate in relevant national, regional and state professional development initiatives.
1- Prioritizing the work based on faculty requests.
2- Ensuring that evening labs are given adequate attention.
Human Resources Staff
Outside vendors for laboratory equipment/supplies