* Provides overall leadership and management to the EMS Occupational Extension program curriculum development/review including ensuring establishment of effective student learning outcomes and related assessment methods.
* Develops class schedules and faculty assignments in coordination with division chair and area faculty.
* Supports EMS Occupational Extension students through the academic program/course ensuring retention and graduation.
* Provides oversight of program budgets and inventory for all supplies and equipment.
* Participates in the college hiring process; orients new full- and part-time faculty to program practices.
* Participates in providing evaluative feedback to faculty/staff regarding job performance.
* Supervises and mentors part-time faculty to ensure academic quality and consistency.
* Identifies/promotes professional development for self and staff.
* Maintains knowledge of current industry standards by developing relationships with industry leaders, experts and companies.
* Continuously evaluates national, regional, and local workforce trends in the EMS industry and the North Carolina Office of EMS.
* Ensures compliance with national Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) accreditation standards.
* Assumes direct instructional responsibility for components of the EMS occupational extension in accordance with established college guidelines
* Coordinates outreach and develops/maintains relationships with industry-related personnel and employers to promote the program offerings and the advancement of industry employment for completers.
* Serves as the American Heart Association program director and is responsible for compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
* All other duties as assigned by the President or designee.
Prepare & teach departmental courses to include:
* developing learner centered lesson plans
* employing teaching strategies & instructional materials for different learning styles
* incorporating, as pedagogically appropriate, current technology in classroom, distance learning and laboratory environments
* creating and modeling a quality learning environment that supports a diverse student population
* preparing, distributing and utilizing instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials, instructional media and other devices as appropriate
* updating and revising curriculum to maintain currency
* developing new courses as needed to support the instructional mission
* participating in the development and review of course and program/general education outcomes as appropriate
* developing, conducting and documenting appropriate assessment of student learning outcomes in courses and programs as appropriate
* Comply with requirements of regulatory agencies in delivery of courses
Maintain a professional status that supports the instructional mission by:
* participating in professional development activities to maintain currency in field; maintaining current credentials or licensures as required by program, accreditation or regulation
* participating in professional development opportunities to advance teaching skills and strategies
Provide daily & ongoing care of facilities, equipment and student records to include:
* maintaining classroom and laboratory spaces including upkeep of assigned equipment
* providing for the security of facilities, equipment and instructional materials and maintaining safe working conditions
* maintaining student records (e.g., grades and attendance) in accordance with established deadlines using a variety of technology-based programs (e.g., Colleague, WebAdvisor, Moodle)
* complying with all applicable college, state and federal rules and regulations
Provide an environment conducive to student success to include:
* conducting recruiting activities
* providing program advising
* promoting student completion and success through advising
* assisting students with the registration and completion processes
* referring students to campus and community resources when appropriate
Support college-wide endeavors to include:
* collaboration with faculty and staff from other divisions/departments to promote communication, coordinate schedules and support student success
* serving on department, division and college committees
* participating in GTCC institutional initiatives
* collaborating with educational partners, business/industry and/or external agencies as appropriate to promote the instructional mission of GTCC
* supporting collegiality and teaching excellence by actively participating in the professional development of new and veteran faculty (e.g., mentoring and peer observation)
* participating in extracurricular student activities/clubs
* attending college professional development sessions, college/division/department meetings, graduation and convocation, as required
* demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork