* Provides clerical support for the Division Chair and area faculty (both curriculum and continuing education.
* Provides customer service to staff, faculty, and students in person and by phone and email. Provides general guidance, information, and assistance. Assists in resolving problems and/or determining appropriate referrals.
* Provides administrative support, both electronic and hardcopy, for the unit including but not limited t assisting with purchasing processes, maintaining office filing, creating forms, facilitating maintenance requests, preparing and distributing mail, scheduling meetings, recording minutes, and reviewing and processing employee payroll and travel and leave requests.
* Assists in budget preparation and control activities. Maintains department budget records, verifies expenditures, prints reports, and recommends and processes budget transfers as needed.
* Assists Division personnel with hiring processes. Supports the new hire orientation process by facilitating required paperwork, computer and key request forms, reviewing college policies and procedures, and providing basic guidance for proper operation of email, voicemail and other office machines. Assists in compiling candidate files and scheduling interviews.
* Organizes the office area for maximum efficiency and ensures adequacy of office supplies.
* Maintains familiarity with college policies and procedures so as to serve as a resource for information.
* Prioritizes daily work tasks and assignments and completes tasks in a timely manner.
* Ensures accuracy of work.
* Maintains strict confidentiality.
* Demonstrates and models the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility, and teamwork.