* Independently provide skilled level support in at least two disciplines including but not limited to plumbing, carpentry, masonry, locksmith, light construction, roofing, painting, machining, welding, and other general maintenance activities.
* Complete preventive maintenance assignments according to predetermined schedules, maximizing the life expectancy of the facilities.
* Complete assigned work orders within prescribed time frame.
* Serve as first responder to needed facility or equipment repairs at all campuses during late afternoon or evening hours as assigned while collaboratively working with other impacted staff.
* Complete assignments in accordance with prescribed safety standards and local, state, and federal guidelines while incorporating high standards of quality in all assigned tasks.
* Move, repair, or assemble items such as furniture, equipment, supplies, and other materials as needed including event set-ups.
* Alert supervisory personnel of any observed facilities conditions which may result in breakdown/failure or pose any safety risks to employees, students, or visitors.
* Demonstrate and model the College’s employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork
* Participate on committees as needed.
* Perform duties as assigned by supervisor. Difficult Challenges:
* Daily exposure to a variety of mechanical components (i.e., flush valves, automatic doors, etc.)
* Adapting to an ever changing product line of components either in new buildings or upgraded buildings.
* Always exhibiting the college’s employability skills to co-workers, faculty and students.
* Staying prepared to serve on an emergency response team. Contacts:
* Daily: coworkers and other maintenance staff for updates, reports, processes
* Daily: General Maintenance Manager for planning
* Daily: faculty and staff for specific instructions on jobs and time parameters
* Several times a week: HVAC technicians and Electrical technicians for troubleshooting, consulting, advising
* Monthly: Construction Department for troubleshooting, consulting