Must have the ability to:
* Apply logical and technical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
* Deal with very difficult concepts and complex variables.
* Apply basic mathematical and statistical concepts to problem solving.
* Design and implement decision support systems as needed to produce data to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
* Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Read, interpret and apply complex technical publications, manuals, and other documents and provide concise executive summaries.
* Effectively compose correspondence, develop charts, graphs, schedules, and presentations.
* Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and recommend actions in support of objectives.
* Organize, coordinate and direct special projects. This would include everything from small intradepartmental projects, to very complex projects impacting the entire college and involving a cross section of constituents.
* Identify and include key stakeholders in projects, coupled with building and maintaining relationships with such stakeholders.
* Analyze and correct accounting problems and bookkeeping errors.
* Multi-task and prioritize effectively.
* Maintain job effectiveness under stress while adhering to strict deadlines.
* Display initiative and resourcefulness in solving problems and updating skills/knowledge.
* Prepare interpretive and analytical accounting reports.
* Apply research methodologies to a wide variety of subjects and provide findings, analysis and recommendations, i.e., executive summary or white paper.
* Exercise considerable initiative and independent, mature judgment in responding to unusual situations, resolving conflict and identifying situations and recommended solutions to be referred to management.
* Interpret and apply federal, state and local fiscal regulations as well as regulations governed by NC State Purchase and Contract, NC Community College System Office, and the State Board of Community Colleges.
* Interpret and apply college policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
* Maintain a positive, assertive, confident, and professional demeanor.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
* Stay informed of trends and changes in the accounting, finance and technology fields.
* Training is required annually in Anti-Harassment, Family Education Right and Privacy Act (FERPA), Person Information Protection (PIP), Reporting Requirements, and Ethics Law in North Carolina and others as may be identified.